Thursday, September 2, 2010

COWs - Week 3

Yes, this week's reasoning problem is difficult, but there is a solution. Keep in mind, though, that students are graded on their attempt, reasoning, and communication of the attempt. It is not required that students find the solution. Students should reflect on what worked, and what gave them struggles. Clearly showing the givens, constraints, and relationships is a critical aspect. The COW is linked here for those students who may have misplaced the sheet. It may be helpful to use objects that represent the 6 people and objects that are trying to cross and actually move them back and forth. In the future, I will post the COW on Monday (I had some trouble uploading earlier).

7 comments:

  1. Mrs. Svenson,
    I can't figure out the first question on the cow, knowledge practice, the one about finding the center take the value of every item of data to accout... My mom doesn't know eather. Can you help??

    ReplyDelete
  2. actualy, i think this weeks problem was the most easy problem yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for always keeping the blog up-to-date! You saved me from LUNCH DETENTION! :)
    ~Alia Carlton

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of agree with Elise (lana the gothic cupcake) because I thought it was easy but my mom and my friends mom found it cunfuzzling (confusing).

    Thanks for being my teacher!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this year is going by sooo fast, its already been over a MONTH!!!!

    ReplyDelete